Click on the images for larger shots.
Use your browser's BACK button to return.
1972 Alpina Bavaria
by Dave Beddows
- 3.3 liter. 11.5 to 1 compression ratio.
- Balanced/blue printed.
- Lightened fly wheel & harmonic balancer.
- Hi-flow oil pump drive and water pump.
- Tuned stainless steel headers.
- Quad-core radiator with both electric and clutched fans.
- Triple Weber 45DCOE's with Alpina Plenum and Alpina Weber mods.
- 5 Speed overdrive with short shift kit and shortened shift shaft.
- LSD (Stock ratio).
- Metric Mechanic High performance clutch.
- Vented disks on all four wheels.
- Stainless Steel lines.
- 16" Alpina rims: 7" fronts; 8" rears.
- Yokohama S01: 225/50's front; 245/45's rear.
- Bilstein Sports Shocks
- Alpina oversize sway bars.
- Boge Nivomat (Yes I know; but they do OK and sure help when you have luggage passengers and a trailer).
- Alpina oversize Sway Bars.
- Recaro Classic C seats. (Drivers electric).
- Schroth Electric 3 point harnesses (arranged to be removed in 5 seconds in case of rear passengers needing seat).
- Rear headrests and rear retracting shoulder belts for back seat.
- Stereo is a Blaupunkt with CD changer.
- All Cibie:
- Inner highs are 9500' pencil.
- Driving lights are 2 X 100Watt 6000' broad beam.
- Fogs are 2 X 60watt clear.
- Rear of car has working Euro Fog lamps and added High mount Brake light.
- Class III trailer hitch.
- Wired for Euro Standard & American standard.
- Car is wired for Electric Trailer brakes for when I tow the 2300lb car trailer with the 1300lb 600 on top.
- Total weight capacity is 4600lb.
- Yes, the trailer package works. Click here to see it in action.
- Trunk floor reinforced with '74 style wedge pieces to accommodate extra trailer weight.
- Front and rear genuine BMW mudflaps.
- Airdam. (Note: this airdam has been used as a mould to create other Bavaria airdams. They are available upon request.).
- Tool kit complete.
- AC retrofit to R134a.
- Custom CB radio (All in the hand unit).
- Misc. wiring upgrade modifications.
- Alarm System.
- Driver side glove box light. (Not the rechargeable This one comes on when you open the box).